Prescription Drug Coverage
As a Senior Whole Health Member, you receive prescription drug coverage with $0 co-pays and deductibles. When you fill a prescription just show your identification card to the pharmacist.
- You pay a $0 annual deductible.
- You pay a $0 premium because of your eligibility for MassHealth Standard coverage.
Initial Coverage: $0 Prescription Drug Costs
Annual Coverage Gap: $0 Prescription Drug Costs
Catastrophic Protection: $0 Prescription Drug Costs
In addition to the drugs covered on the Medicare Part D formulary, Senior Whole Health also covers some Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications and most of the Medicare excluded medications through your Medicaid benefit.
Learn more about your prescription medications by using the tools available through our Pharmacy Benefit Manager, Express Scripts' website.
- determine your financial responsibility for a drug, based on pharmacy benefit;
- order a refill for an existing and unexpired mail-order prescription;
- find the location of an in-network pharmacy based on a proximity search by zip code;
- determine potential drug to drug interactions;
- determine a drug's common side effects and significant risks; and
- determine the availability of generic substitutes.
* Please note: By clicking this link you will be leaving the Senior Whole Health website.
Medicare Part D Forms
Online Request for Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage Determination
Download the Request for Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage Determination (PDF) in ENGLISH.
If you are interested in filing an appeal of a denial of medications, please complete the applicable form below or have your physician complete the form.
Download the Request for Redetermination of Medicare Prescription Drug Denial (PDF).
Online Request for Medicare Part D Redetermination
Prior Authorization Criteria
Senior Whole Health requires you (or your physician) to get prior authorization for certain drugs. This means that you will need to get approval from Senior Whole Health before you fill your prescriptions. If you don't get approval, Senior Whole Health may not cover the drug. The following document provides a list of drugs that require Prior Authorization.
Updated April 1, 2020
Download the Senior Whole Health 2020 Prior Authorization Criteria (PDF).
Part D Prior Authorization
Download the Part D Prior Authorization Drug List (PDF).
If your prescription drug coverage is provided under a contract with Medicare, your coverage is not guaranteed beyond the end of the current contract year. In the event that Medicare or Senior Whole Health terminates or chooses not to renew the contract between Senior Whole Health and Medicare, as allowed by law, this may end your coverage. If this occurs, you will be able to choose another plan without incurring a late enrollment penalty, as long as you do so within the time period required by Medicare.
Last Updated 04/01/2020