Benefits & Services
Every member is assigned a team that includes a Senior Whole Health of New York Nurse Care Manager, Primary Care Provider, a Community Resource Coordinator and community service agencies. Our members are also supported by professionals such as Senior Whole Health of New York pharmacists and social workers. As a member, you receive in-home assessments to evaluate your individual needs from our Senior Whole Health Personal Care Team.
We offer members comprehensive care, including preventive services, physician services, hospital care, pharmacy and support services.
Senior Whole Health of New York NHC Benefits & Services
In addition to your Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care services, members receive:
- In-home assessments to evaluate your individual needs
- An individual care plan
- $0 Doctor appointments
- $0 Dental visits
- $0 Vision services
- Eyeglasses (limitations apply)
- Medicare prescription drug coverage (co-pays may apply)
- OTC Card to buy eligible over-the-counter (OTC) health-related items up $80 a month (up to $960 a year)
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Private duty nursing services
- Home health services
- Home delivered meals
- Adult day healthcare
- Personal care services
- Personal Emergency Response Services (PERS)
- 24/7 phone access to a Senior Whole Health of New York Nurse Care Manager
- Access to a Senior Whole Health of New York team member or interpreter who speaks your language
- Personal Care Team who help members receive quality medical, social and community-based services
As a SWH of NY NHC member, you will receive a pre-paid over-the-counter (OTC) card called a Healthy You Card. You can use this card to buy eligible OTC health-related items. Your Healthy You Card includes several purchasing options:
- In person: Visit CVS, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Ride Aide, Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- Online: Visit the Nations OTC website and enter your 19-digit benefit card number found on your Healthy You Card.
- By Phone: Call Nations OTC at 1-833-SHOP-OTC (1-833-746-7682) (TTY 711). Please have your Healthy You Card ready.
- By Mail: Call 1-833-SHOP-OTC (1-833-746-7682) (TTY 711) and request to have a catalog mailed to you.
If you have questions about covered items or need help finding a participating store, call Senior Whole Health Member Services at 1-877-353-0185 (TTY 711).
Annual Contract RenewalContracts between plans and Medicare are renewed annually. Plans and/or Medicare may choose not to renew a contract resulting in termination of the plan and termination of beneficiary's enrollment in the plan. Plans may also choose to reduce their service area and no longer offer services in the area where the beneficiary resides. If this happens, all members will receive written notice at least 60 days prior to termination of their enrollment, including information on other health plan options and how to contact and enroll in another plan.
Last Updated 08/03/2020